The journey of life is filled with curves, bumps, and straight roads. Our journey has been interesting and for the last five years, our road has been filled with surprises and challenges. Please join us on this journey.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Javad and his big man glasses

Last friday, Javad got his very first pair of glasses. A few weeks ago, we got his eyes checked and found that his vision was VERY bad! We knew that his vision wasn't super, since he had a habit of bringing things about 3 inches in front of his eyes whenever he wants to see anything.

We were not really prepared for how bad his vision was. We have been told that his vision is 20/800 or 20/1000. Holy cow! The eye doctor says that he cannot even see the big E on the eye chart. Wow! I guess my little astigmatism shouldn't be complained about...Oh, he has that too!

So, as I was saying on friday he got his new glasses. What a difference they have made. He wears them all the time, from morning to night. He watched movies (and cartoons) from across the room. He waves down the hall, smiles when people come into the room. He loves riding in the car and is constantly pointing at things. It's great to watch. Javad's world has opened up to him. What a difference this will make in school...now that he can actually see the board! :)

I will post some pictures of him in his big man glasses very soon!

2 comments:

~jOaNnE~ said...

Hi Javad!
I bet you must look totally cute in those glasses!

With Love,
Joanne and the Dream Team
~Simply Joanne~
~Bridge of Dreams~
~Prayer Bears~
OWC, SOEW

Rebekah Christine said...

I saw Javad today and wanted to say "Hi". Couldn't do it earlier, so thought I'd send a note this way. I had taken Rebekah to therapy and Javad was there, too! It got me thinking about you guys. So I thought I should stop in and let you know we were thinking about you. Hope school is going well for you all! Rebekah loves school.

http://rebekahspage.blogspot.com